Welcome

Welcome

Wednesday 22 February 2012

A Christmas Card

Today I thought I would share one of my Christmas cards with you and how I made it.
This is a stepper card.  The background of the main picture is from a CD and I will put the details at the end., which I printed onto Kodak premier photographic paper, which is really top quality.  I embossed some white card with the swirl embossing folder on the cuttlebug and cut it to slightly larger than the image, which in this instance is a verse with a candy cane beneath it and a decoupaged one to the side.


The back step has corrugated card with an image of a deer and it is decorated on top with self adhesive ribbon.  The front step has a Christmas flower which I printed and cut out and drew in the veins, and the flower is kept together with a brad.  The flower is backed with a leaf that I took from an artificial plant I am not using anymore and it  it is all glued to the front step.


The front of the card at the bottom is cotton lace which is glued on to the card and a greeting on top of that.  This card also has a tag attached with ribbon, the back of which can be written on by the person giving it.  


Here is the tag:



The tag is made from mirricard (silver) with a diecut label placed in the middle.  On top of the die cut label I put an "inchie" which is the little blue embellishment I made; and the end of the ribbon, which is attached by the star.......both the embellishment, ribbon and star are glued to the silver mirricard.

I sprayed the finished card with a little Crafters Companion, Spray and sparkle Silver.

So, I used:

Images and candy cane:        Debbi Moore Christmas CD
Corrugated card:                     Craft Creations
Stepper card :                          Craft Creations
Mirricard:                                  Craft Creations
Christmas Flower:                  Fred She Said download
Cotton lace:                             Panduro
Diecut label:                            Nellie Snellen die and spare piece of white textured card
Ribbon:                                    Spare from personal stash
Glue:                                        Anita's tacky glue
Double sided tape:                Mad about cards
sticky fixers fo raised embellishments:   Mad about card




Here is the complete card with tag:


So, now you see how easy it all is to make things from bits of paper, card and use sticky things?  I could have made my own stepper card, but I didn't want to waste card getting it wrong so I bought it ready to decorate.


I hope you like it and I hope the instructions are clear for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment