Welcome

Welcome

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Fred She Said................... Part One

Today I want to show everyone some of the cards I have made over the past few years using Fred She Said downloads.  Okay! My cards are not the most expertly made in the world, however I am still on a creative journey and want to share my efforts with you all.  I hope you enjoy today's post as much as I am going to enjoy composing it:




Here is my very first card I made using (FSS) Fred She Said downloads:



First of all the only things on this card that come from somewhere else are the ribbon, lace and card.

The card was an A6 size.

The backing paper comes in more colours, however I needed to make a blue themed card for someone and this suited the purpose. After sticking the backing paper onto the card I edged it with stickles aqua and it just blended beautifully with the colours in the paper.  I printed off a centre piece, ornate bracket border, cut it out and coloured parts of it in blue around the edge and the tiny flowers and tinted the scrolls green. 

I then put that on top of white leather effect card and drew the shape in pencil leaving a little border, and then I cut it out with a scissors.  Having done that I glued the two pieces together.

I printed the centre flower from FSS Pointy Daisies Sheet, and coloured the flowers blue.  After cutting them out I creased them in the middle of each petal and stuck four of them together of varying sizes.  Having done that I stuck a gemstone in the centre and then stuck the whole flower onto the middle of the card.

I made a large bow from some beautiful organza ribbon and stuck that to the base of the design and across the bottom of the card I stuck more of the organza ribbon and topped it with white lace.  

The whole card was inspired by one that Fred She Said put up on her blog.

Ribbon, gemstone and stickles:  my own stash
Lace: Panduro
Downloaded from FSS:  backing paper, flowers, ornate bracket border.
Pens: promarkers (Letraset)

I hope you like it.

Here is another:


This was for a gentleman.

Using a leather effect metallic silver/grey bas card I stuck some organza ribbon near the bottom and put white lace and red lace with sequins attached so build up the colours I used.  

I printed off the the image on plain white card and used metallic silver and red colours to colour in the design with.  This one is difficult for me to remember a sit is the first one I ever did and I appear to have lost the design.  However I printed off 4 of them and cut them into layers to build them up using double sided sticky fixers, which was very effective.  In the centre I placed a red gemstone, which set everything off perfectly.

Here is a close-up of the centre:


You may notice that I also coloured the sticky fixers to match the card colours so that they didn't show up as they were white.

This next card is an Easter card:


Here I used a metallic gold base A5 card, rounding the corners with a punch and cut out an egg shape from pale blue card onto which I stuck circles patterned paper to the bottom half.  I covered the join in the centre with some gold ribbon with little clear gems hanging from it.  The edging of gold around the egg is a peel-off, which I think keeps the edge tidy.  I placed coloured gemstones at random on the bottom half of the egg and used a peel-off cross in the centre.  For the top of the egg I used a peel-off sentiment and the flower with leaves came from FSS.

I printed off the flowers and the leaves onto vellum, this time I used a pre-coloured sheet as I thought the delicate colours would be just right for the card.  After I creased the petals and leaves I stuck them together and placed them to the right of the sentiment, finishing the flower off with a red gemstone in the centre.  At the top left hand corner of the card I put a lemon paper flower with a red gemstone and a cut out stem in pink.  I think it worked quite well.

Here is the final card for this part of the FSS designs.  There will be a part 2 coming shortly.

I used Kodak Ultra Premium photographic paper to print this image on.


This card was a joy to make.  I used a scalloped A5 pure white card.  I printed off the pre-coloured images of the wheelbarrow.  They are in a selection of colours all on one sheet.  Using my cuttlebug I die cut the image into a square and cut out a scalloped gold square a little larger to put behind it.  I glued cream lace down the edge of the card and die-cut a gold scalloped embellishment through which I threaded pink satin ribbon and then glued it just beneath the centre-piece.  I also glued some leafy ribbon underneath and a paper rose with skeleton leaves on top of it. The last thing to go on was the sentiment.

I think it looks stunning.

Image: FSS 
Card: Hunky Dory
Lace: Panduro
Paper flower: Crafts U Love
Gold mirri-card: Craft Creations
Skeleton leaves, sentiment and pink ribbon: my own stash.

See you all next time.

Many blessings x






1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful, Anne! Thank you so much for the honour :) Wonderful blog!

    Hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete