Welcome

Welcome

Monday 26 March 2012

Fred She Said........Part 2

Hello everyone, from a beautiful warm sunny Scotland.  We have been having extraordinary weather of late and it looks set to stay for a wee while longer/  Hooray!!


Today I thought I would carry on with Fred She Said (FSS) designs and what I have done with them.  Hopefully you will love them or get ideas form them for yourselves.


So here is the first card:






This beautiful little card is so spring-like I just had to share it.  


I used a 4 and 1/2" square greeting card and covered it with gold striped paper, on top of which I glued a die cut shape with the yellow wheel-barrow image printed on it.  I tied a lovely gold organza and satin bow on the side and found a sentiment I already had that says 'hope you feel better soon'.


Card:  Mad About Cards


Ribbon and sentiment:  my own stash


Photographic paper:  Kodak


Image:  FSS


There is really not much else to be said about this card, except hopefully someone is going to be cheered up by it very soon.




My next card is:




Completely different from the first one.  This is an A5 white card with a image from a certain era on it almost in black and white, and I thought the purple roses decoupage set it off beautifully. The sentiment was one I already had.


Card:  Paptiere (Aberdeen)


Image and sentiment:  already had


Roses:  FSS  (on Kodak ultra premium photographic paper)




The roses are decoupaged and are very effective in a real situation as opposed to a photograph.


Here we have another:







Wheelbarrow card.  In blue, this card is just so lovely.  I used a 4 and 1/2" square card and covered it with blue and white checked paper.  I printed the image of the wheel-barrow onto photographic paper and die cut it using my cuttlebug.  I then tied a little twin coloured blue and pink organza ribbon at the side and used a sentiment I already had, which says 'Happy Birthday'.


Card:  Mad About Cards


Ribbon and sentiment: My stash


Image:  FSS


Photographic paper:  Ultra Premium from Kodak






So now we come to one I made very recently, as I was feeling quite brave and used a FSS decoupage sheet.






So, here we are then.  I really hope I did this sheet some justice.  First of all I printed out the background design from a FSS download onto photographic paper.  After using my cuttlebug to cut it out, I coloured the edge and the little flowers inside with a poppy red pen and highlighted the swirls with green.  I then printed off a pre-colopured sheet of dahlias and leaves again on photographic paper, which I then cut out.


Once I had cut the flowers out, I cut down each petal and using a small paintbrush handle I rolled up the edges of the petals.  I did this for every petal on each flower.  I did the same with the leave.  I then glued each flower together with the largest one at the bottom.  I glued the leaves to the card and then the flower on top.  In the centre of the flower I put a sequin with a gold gemstone on it with a little white from a gelly roll pen. 


Down the side of the card I have glued a strip of red foamy velvet.   The sentiment was one I already had, and it says, 'congratulations', which means it can be used for any occasion.  I layered the sentiment onto a pale green piece of card, which I darkened the edge of so that it would match the leaves.


White Card:  Papetiere (Aberdeen)


Green card:  my stash


Velvet: Craft Creations


Sentiment:  Mad About Cards


Photographic paper:  Ultra premium direct from Kodak




My next card is a very simple one:



Here I have used A4 card made into an A5 greeting card by creasing the centre that was already striped in blue and white.  I printed out a blue flower wreath downloaded from FSS, then cut it out using a die on my cuttlebug.  in the centre I glued a satin open petal flower and placed a clear gemstone in the centre.  The sentiment I already had.  How easy is that then?  Very easy and very effective too.

Card:  Papetiere (Aberdeen)

Photographic paper:  Ultra Premium from Kodak

Flower:  Creaft Creations

Sentiment and gemstone:  I already had.




I hope you like this selection of cards.




For all printing:  I always use a Kodak AIO printer using Kodak inks.





2 comments:

  1. The wheelbarrow is perfect and you have shown different ways to lay it out perfect Annie love all your cards but wheelbarrow suits this lovely sunny day

    ReplyDelete