Welcome

Welcome

Friday 2 March 2012

So are you ready for the weekend?

Hello everyone


I am having a weekend to remember.  My 60th Birthday is on Sunday, and I am having friends up from England and meeting up with family and all sorts of people over the weekend.  Dinner out tomorrow night...it's all fabulous.


It's at times like this that i think of those I will not see, or who is no longer with us and I know they would enjoy themselves if they were here too, so I am going to make an effort to enjoy myself on their behalf! 


I have been busy making cards for someone and will post them here for you to see.


This is a delicate Birthday card for someone who loves the garden.  I bought the cards with envelopes a while ago, and can't remember where from.  They came in a pack of 25.


I printed the image onto photographic paper, and decoupaged it (which doesn't show that well when photographed!)  I cut out the shape of the gold mirri-card using a cutting die and then ran it through the cuttlebug a second time to emboss it, then using double sided sticky tape I stuck the image onto it.  I then stuck the whole thing onto the card.  Beneath the image you can see a gold diecut strip, through which there is pink and white ribbon threaded and it has a knot on one end. The other end has a beautiful paper rose with gold and silver skeleton leaves all glued together onto the strip.  Beneath the strip is a length of ribbon vine, and down the side is cream lace.  The sentiment just says Happy Birthday and matches in gold and white.  I really hope you like it.  I really hope the person who gets it loves it.  I was asked to leave the insert blank, because a very talented scribe is going to write inside it using calligraphy.  


Size of card: A5 scalloped.
Image:  Fred She Said
Paper rose: Crafts U Love
Gold mirri-card: Craft Creations
Lace: Panduro
Sentiments: and vine ribbon: Mad about Cards




Here is the second card:


Yellow is the theme for this one:


Self embossed white card onto which I stuck on a yellow panel, which I made from card that I had already.  I then put on a white scalloped panel using sticky fixers to raise it from the base slightly.  The gold gems I already had in my stash and the Happy Birthday sentiment is a peel off.  The butterfly is dufex and 3D.  The flower is one I made, using lemon paper and my cricut machine.  The stem is cut from green card using my cricut.  The bow is just for decoration.


So, the flower:


I cut out various sizes of flower heads using my cricut from some good quality yellow paper.  Once I had the flower head pieces I sprayed them with water and scrunched them up and left them to dry.  Then I used a bleaching brush and stroked all the petals and sprayed them again with water, scrunching them a second time.  After they were dried, I carefully opened them up and placed them on top of each other.  I had the green backing flower leaf from another set of ornamental flowers, so I cut off the plastic  centre-piece and put the leafy part behind the flower, fixing it together with a fluffy yellow brad.  I then carefully used a promarker pen to make the colours vary slightly on the petals and put yellow stickles on the petals for effect.


The stem, was cut from green card, which just happened to match the back of the flower, so I glued that to the card and then glued the flower on top of it.  At the base of the stem I glued a little gold bow.


So there you have it.


Card: from stock
Yellow card: Viking Direct
White panel: Fidgity Fingers
Butterfly: Mad About Cards
Green card: Craft Creations
Bow: Fidgity Fingers


Other bits and bobs I already had in my stash.


I hope you have enjoyed your visit today.  Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you next week.









No comments:

Post a Comment